One of our favorite local theatre companies is at the Den Mainstage, 1329 N Milwaukee Avenue until February 7th with what local theatre critic, Hedy Weiss, calls “magic at work” when “…a director can turn a crowd of about 200 mostly young…Wicker Park types into the happily participatory members at a loony pajama party set to the music of Gilbert and Sullivan.” Just a short walk from the Two Urns and pajamas are optional. http://www.the-hypocrites.com/
For those unfamiliar, Opera Inter Alia offers a harmonious blend of opera and standard songs – and, as always, finishes strong with a sing-along.
This month they are trying out a new concept – Jukebox Opera – whereby the audience chooses selections from their “jukebox list” to be performed live!
Come and join the fun!
For those of you that know Blue Star’s “Cindy” – she will be performing!
NO COVER CHARGE – just order from our menu and enjoy the music.
RESERVATIONS are highly recommended as our opera nights typically sell out!
Every summer the neighborhoods of Chicago come alive with different festivals and events. We love all the handmade indie-vibe crafters that are here during the Renegade Craft Fair every September. The West Fest offers a great line up of music talent, artisan and sidewalk shopping. Design Harvest highlights many of the city’s unique design firms and is always the last “hurrah” of the festival season, just in time for autumn. All in “West Town” the area directly north west of the Loop (Division Street south to Grand) here are some of the 2014 highlights:
- May 30 – June 1, 2014 Do-Division Fest www.do-divisionstreetfest.com
- June 10, 2014 Guerrilla Truck Show on Fulton market between Carpenter and Racine www.theguerrillatruckshow.com
- July 12 – 13, 2014 West Fest www.westfestchicago.com
- August 23 – 24, 2014 Chicago Food Social www.chicagofoodsocial.com
- September 6-7, 2014 Renegade Craft Fair www.renegadecraft.com
- September 20-21, 2014 Design Harvest www.design-harvest.com
We always have lots of guests who come in for these events so plan early to book to get the best room choice.